When and where can I pick up my order?
- On Monday to Wednesday's, orders placed before 12:00PM will be available for pick up next business day after 10:00AM. Orders placed after 12:00PM will be available for pick up in two business days after 10:00AM.
- On Thursday to Sunday's, orders placed will be ready for pick up on Monday, or the next business day if Monday is a holiday, after 10:00AM.
Once you receive notification that your order is ready for pick up, you can pick up from BOSS Business Centre located in Burnaby at 501 - 3292 Production Way during their regular office hours (Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 4:30 pm).
Do you offer free shipping?
At this time, we are only able to offer free shipping to BC and Alberta and $10 flat rate for other provinces on selected products only (product name will indicate "FREE SHIPPING..."). All other products will have shipping rate calculated at check out.
When will my order be shipped?
Please see below for our general shipping schedule. The schedule is subject to change due to extreme weather events and volume of orders.
Local orders (within Metro Vancouver):
- Orders placed before Tuesday 9:00PM are scheduled to ship on the same week.
- Orders placed after Tuesday 9:00PM are scheduled to ship the following week.
Rest of Canada:
- Orders placed before 9:00 PM PST on Sunday are scheduled to ship the following Monday or Tuesday, unless otherwise stated on our website.
- Orders placed after the cut-off time are scheduled to ship the following week.
In general, live worms are shipped on Mondays and Tuesdays only. TriCity Worms offers Live Delivery Guarantee (exceptions apply) for your worms. Customers must reach out within 24 hours from delivery with description of problem and photo evidence (shipping is non-refundable).
What are the exceptions to Live Delivery Guarantee?
We are unable to offer Live Delivery Guarantee for situations outside of our control, such as extreme heat/cold weather and natural disasters leading to delays in shipping network. If the weather condition is unsuitable for shipping, we will reach out to you to confirm if you would still like to ahead with shipment without the Live Delivery Guarantee.
How are composting worms priced? Why do I notice frequent price fluctuations?
Many beginner vermicomposters are surprised by the cost of composting worms. A worm breeding operation has the highest cost in time and energy/labour, which is accounted for when pricing a product. Prices also fluctuate priced based on supply and demand of the market.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the demand for composting worms sky rocketed. This resulted in a decrease in supply and increased in price of worms. You may also find that composting worms are more expensive up in Canada compared to US. This is due to the higher operational cost from our colder climate and higher land cost. Many large worm sellers import from the US and the pandemic had some negative impacts in that process as well.